IT EXTENDED CERTIFICATE
What does this qualification cover?
- Four units in total
- One optional unit with 60 guided learning hours (GLH) and three mandatory units where two units are 90 GLH and one unit 120 GLH. Two units are externally examined units
- The units are a blend of IT specialisms, studying hardware and software, managing, and communicating information and data, and the principles of designing and developing digital technologies and processes to support organisations
- The choice of optional units includes:
- Data modelling and analytics
- Website development
This will allow progression to a variety of degrees when combined with other suitable Level 3 qualifications.
- 360 Guided Learning Hours – which is the equivalent to one A Level qualification
- A mixture of theory and practical units that have been developed with our employers and universities in mind
- Students completing their BTEC Nationals in Information Technology will be aiming to go on to employment, often via the steppingstone of higher education
The BTEC Level 3 IT will inspire, motivate, and challenge students by following a broad, coherent, practical, satisfying, and worthwhile course of study.
The key features of this specification encourage the emphasis on:
- Problem solving using computers
- Software development
- Website development
- Database development
- Network design and security
- Big Data and Business Analysis and data modelling
Links to workplace
It fully meets entry requirements for progression to a degree course in IT and related areas such as: digital technology solutions, IT management for business, computer networks security or business computing and entrepreneurship.
By choosing BTEC Level 3 IT one will have access to a wide range of rewarding occupations for example:
- Digital Technology Solutions
- Software developer
- Computer Games Technology (design and development)
- Creative Technology
- Information Technology Management for Business
- Computer Networks and Security
The course is also run in parallel with industry qualifications such as Cisco Networking Academy courses and Palo Alto Academy courses (Cybersecurity).