EAL L2 FIRST CERTIFICATE IN ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
What does this qualification cover?
- The final grade is achieved from 50% Exam and 50% Coursework
- The content of this course is broken down in to the following four units
This vocational Level 2 qualification is intended for learners who require a Level 2 engineering qualification to provide them with a broad base of engineering understanding. It is intended for learners completing a vocational engineering qualification as a part of their school curriculum and is the equivalent of a GCSE.
- The course follows the EAL Level 2 First Certificate in Engineering
- Technology (NQF) qualification. More information can be found at Engineering and Manufacturing – First Certificate in Engineering Technology | EAL Awards
- It covers broad range of engineering skills including, CAD, electronics, mechanical engineering, maintenance, fabrication and welding, pipework installation, installing security systems and motor vehicle maintenance
- This qualification provides an excellent base for progression to a range of Level 3 engineering qualifications and also into employment and apprenticeships
- This is delivered via a blended mix of workshop and classroom activities, with an emphasis on practical activities
Links to workplace
- By choosing to study Engineering Technology you will gain access to a wide range of potential occupations
- Links with employers and work experience will be an integral part of the course and will develop skills to enhance career opportunities
- Employer mentoring schemes will also be available to help prepare students for chosen pathways on their post 16 courses