Our curriculum has been developed with employer partners to help ensure our students leave the UTC work-ready and armed with the qualifications needed within the local and wider economy. Students also take part in ‘live’ employer projects as well as having opportunities for work placements and apprenticeships.
To make sure we offer qualifications at the right level, students are streamed according to ability into either Craft, Technical or Professional routes, which they study alongside core academic GCSEs and A Levels.
Students also have the opportunity to take part in a range of enrichment activities.
- Engineering (EAL)
- English Language (Edexcel)
- Geography (AQA)
- Spanish (AQA)
- Computer Science (OCR)
- English Literature (Edexcel)
- Mathematics (Edexcel)
- Triple Science (AQA)
Students in this age group will spend 60% of their time on technical studies and 40% on academic studies.
- Engineering level 3 BTEC (Edexcel)
- Performing Engineering Operations (EAL)
- A-level Computing (OCR)
- AS/A2 Mathematics (Edexcel)
- GCSE English Language (Edexcel)
- Engineering Level 2 (EAL)
- A-level Chemistry (AQA)
- A-level Physics (AQA)
- GCSE Mathematics (Edexcel)